Home page of Susanne Buiter
I use a model-based approach in a range of projects spanning from sedimentary structures at Earth's surface
to subducted slabs in the upper mantle, with the common goal to understand the underlying physical processes.
My current research projects include numerical modelling of the formation and evolution of passive margins,
microcontinent formation, subduction and continental collision, code development, and analogue-numerical model
I am a senior researcher at, and team leader of, the Solid Earth Geology Team at the Geological Survey of Norway. I am also member of the Dynamic Earth Research Team of the Centre of Excellence CEED, University of Oslo, Norway. For 2018-2019 I am the chair of the EGU Programme Committee.
- The formation and evolution of passive margins
- Extensional fault zone geometries
- Subduction zone dynamics
- Formation of extensional sedimentary basins
- Basin inversion
- Open access special issue on 'Two centuries of modelling across scales': check out the review papers published so far!
- Abstract submission for EGU2018 is open. Check our sessions!
Team for Solid Earth Geology
Geological Survey of Norway
Phone: +47 73 90 4265
Twitter: Follow @susannebuiter